Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010
I guess it had to begin somewhere, I was asked for a 3D Thomas the Tank Engine cake for a very spunky 1 year old.  After researching and researching, I decided that I was up for the challenge, and a challenge it was.

I decided to use the Debbie Brown book for the instructions, and after much reading, re-reading, asking my husband to read it as well, and threatening to throw the book out of the window, we finally gave in an agreed that the instructions didn't match the pictures and I winged it, using the pictures as a guide!

I was actually really happy with how it came out, especially given how much grief there was in carving it.  This cake takes quite some time to decorate with a LOT of hand cut detail in it.  The effect...totally worth it though!

Here is Thomas :)



Front view

Close up of all the handmade 'coal'

0 comments: