Followers

Monday, June 7, 2010
Had a great cake to work on the weekend just gone for a 30th Birthday for some very gorgeous friends Rachel and Leigh.

They wanted a blue and silver square with a big 30 on it.  Deciding I wanted to play, I thought a double tier square would look great, and it would also mean that they would both get the flavour that they wanted (Rach dark choc mud, and Leigh choc mint mud).

My first double tier cake, and with a whole lot of researching and playing and a great tutorial from an amazing QLD caker (If I can do cakes half as good as her in the future I will be a very happy camper) Deliciously Decadent Cakes, it didnt come out too bad if I do say so myself!

Pics along the way
One freshly ganached cake.  This is what you cake looks like underneath the icing.  Look at all that chocolately goodness


All the stripes in place, just need the finishing touches


 The 'topper' a hand moulded, hand painted 30



The finished cake, and yup all those silver stripes are hand painted.




 Looking forward this week being a bit quieter and getting all the preparations underway for the two amazing cakes that I have for the the following weekend.  Might have to do some cupcake experimenting in there as well if I get the chance this week ;)

So, what is one the cards?  My nephew Jack's 1st birthday with Sesame Street theme being the order of the day, closely followed the next day by my very first wedding cake for the gorgeous Marnie.  Classy, classic and elegant and I'm really looking forward to it.


2 comments:

Deliciously Decadent said...

you did a brilliant job!!!!! and thanks so much for the compliments hehe you will be surpassing me in no time!!!

Danielle said...

Thanks Taya, the tutorial really did make it easy. Two weeks time and the mad hatter one will get a run!