Followers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010
One cake down for the week so far.  My little Nat turned 2 today, boy has time flown! 

So to celebrate her birthday I decided a ladybug cake was in order,

So here it is, one carrot cake ladybug, filled with a yummy butter cream icing, and decorated in fondant.  



Im a bit mud caked out this week, and tried out a carrot cake recipe. Deeeee-lish if I do say so myself.  No dairy in site for the recipe for this one.  Dense yet moist, I think it would also go fantastic withwhite chocolate ganache.  Also does a fantastic conversion to Gluten free.
You may notice that I do a few GF cakes, with two coeliacs in the family its always experiment time to find recipes that covert to gluten-free but also taste like cake instead of cardboard.  So with some experimenting I have worked out that I can do pretty much all of my cakes so far as gluten-free versions.  They are a little denser, and dont rise quite as much, but still taste great, which for coeliac is the most important thing after the cardboard tasting products that have been around for so long!

I also tried out a fantastic new toy today for the daisies on the board, a plunger cutter, it cuts and embosses the petals all at the same time.  What a time saver it was.

Still to come this week a cube for Saturday night.

1 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

Great-looking cake, Danie. And am so pleased for you to have worked out a way to make all the cakes GF. Can't wait to see more creations :)